Scallops with Linguine
Fresh from Rye Bay succulent scallops with a hint of lemon make this perfect pasta dish for lunch, dinner or entertaining.
- 16 large Rye Bay scallops
- 450g dried linguine
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin first extraction cold pressed olive oil
- 1 fresh red mild chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Large frying pan or ridged grill pan
- Cook the linguine in boiling,lightly salted water until al dente and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, grate the zest and squeeze the juice from l lemon. Whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together in a small bowl stir in the chile and half of the flat leaf parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the lemon mixture with the linguine.
- Heat a heavy frying pan or ridge grill pan over high heat. Brush the scallops with olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Add to the pan and sear the scallops for 1 minute each side.
- Divide the linguine between 4 serving plates and arrange the scallops on top sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest. Serve with lemon wedges.
Submitted by: Tuscan Kitchen, Rye, East Sussex
Posted in Recipes
Tags: Chilli, Lemon, Linguine, Parsley